Every year the Belgian Royal Academy for Overseas Sciences puts questions forward on specific subjects. Each award-winning work in the yearly competition is granted a prize of 2,500 EUR.
For 2022: studies must reach the secretariat of the Academy before 1 March 2022.
- Question 1 : A study is requested on the sociocultural impact of the Chinese presence in Africa or in the Caribbean during the first two decades of the twenty-first century.
- Question 2 : A study is requested on monitoring droughts in semi-arid regions.
- Question 3 : A feasibility study is requested on renewable energy sources for possible use on a large scale in developing countries.
For 2023: studies must reach the secretariat of the Academy before 1 March 2023.
- Question 1: A study is requested on the development of autochthonous religious traditions in the contemporary global world.
- Question 2: A study is requested on the impact of climate changes and/or anthropogenic activities on ecosystem services (see UN Millennium Ecosystem Assessment) in the tropics. The study should deal with provisioning, regulating, supporting and/or cultural services.
- Question 3: A study is requested that would link biodiversity changes to the worldwide food supply and health evolution of populations in the South (rural and/or urban environments).
More information on http://www.kaowarsom.be/en/competitions