We would like to invite you to our virtual Cooperation Lounge “Bavaria-Africa – Research and Innovation for Global Climate Action” which will take place on 23 and 24 November 2022 in the aftermath of the UN Climate Change Conference COP27. The event is organised by the Scientific Coordination Office Bavaria-Africa of the Bavarian Research Alliance and is supported by the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN). Part of the event are 1:1 matchmaking meetings.
Addressing the climate crisis requires collective global action. Therefore, the event will gather mainly African and Bavarian, but also international stakeholders from academia, industry, the civil society and the public sector who wish to cooperate on solutions for tackling the global climate crisis – with a specific focus on international research and innovation projects. The agenda covers the climate change-related topics mentioned above and offers an excellent opportunity to establish contacts and initiate projects via a platform for 1:1 virtual meetings between the participants. This platform will remain open until the end of 2022.
During the Cooperation Lounge, you will have the opportunity to:
- hear about the latest key scientific initiatives in relevant fields for global climate action (see above);
- attend informative and interactive thematic breakout sessions;
- find new international partners for future cooperation, especially in research & innovation for global climate action;
- extend your network by organising 1:1 meetings with international scientists and industry experts;
- enhance the visibility of your institution towards Bavarian, African and international stakeholders in research & innovation;
- learn about European funding opportunities for R&I projects in cooperation with African stakeholders, as well as about their national and regional implementation.
Please register for the online event at: https://cooperation-lounge-bavaria-africa.b2match.io/signup
For your registration, you will need to create a profile on the online platform. The completion of a qualified, detailed profile on this platform is a requirement for participation. An early registration is strongly recommended so that you are visible on the platform as soon as possible. This early visibility enhances your chances of being contacted by suitable meeting partners. For further details on the registration process, please have a look at the event homepage.
The event is free of charge and will be held in English. Registration is compulsory.
Please note that there is only a limited number of places available for this event. In the interest of all participants, the organizers will endeavour to bring together a group of international participants with completed profiles. Therefore, if necessary, the organizers reserve the right not to consider some individual registrations.
We look forward to welcoming you to our international Cooperation Lounge on Global Climate Action on 23-24 November 2022!