This event is organised by the E4Impact Foundation (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore) and supported by the UnILiON International Cooperation (INCO) Working Group.
The morning session will include an update and perspectives on policy and funding developments, which aim to support Europe-Africa HEI collaboration, as well as presentations by UnILiON members of their projects.
Europe-Africa HEI Collaboration
Raffaele Cattaneo, Undersecretary for International and European Relations of the Lombardy Region
- Update on related Policy & Funding
Vincenzo Lorusso, Policy Officer, International Cooperation II (Asia, Africa, Middle East & External Relations), European Commission DG RTD
Deidre Lennan, Team Leader, Strategic Partnerships with Africa and with the ACP, European Commission DG INTPA
- E4Impact & UnILiON Members’ Projects in Africa
E4Impact initiatives and projects in Africa: Dr. Mauro Borin, Head of Project Office, and Prof. Giacomo Ciambotti, Lead of Research Team
UnILiON members’ initiatives and projects in Africa
- Dr. Annelies Verdoolaege, Coordinator Africa Platform, Ghent University Association, Belgium
- Prof Isabella Aboderin, Director, Perivoli Africa Research Centre (PARC), University of Bristol, UK
- Ildikó Chmara, International Coordinator, Rector's Cabinet, Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary
- Dr. Stefano Biagetti, ERC-Starting Grant Awardee, University Pompeu Fabra Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Carla Lancelotti, Dr. Carla Lancelotti, ERC-Consolidator Grant Awardee, University University Pompeu Fabra BarcelonaPompeu Fabra Barcelona, Spain, Spain
- Prof Maria Luisa Soto Quesada, Department of Prehistory and Archaeology, Autonomous University of Madrid, Spain