This summer (3-7 July 2023), University of Minnesota, together with UGent/VIB are organizing a “Summer Institute in Plant Breeding” in Ghent, Belgium.
There are six modules available within the course. Three modules will be taught concurrently for a period of 2.5 days. The participants can register for one module in Set 1 (Monday to Wednesday noon) and/or one module in Set 2 (Wednesday afternoon to Friday afternoon)
- Genomewide Markers in Plant Breeding (Dr Rex Bernardo)
- CRISPRing in Plants (Dr Thomas Jacobs)
- Machine Learning Applied to Plant Science (Dr Tolutola Oyetunde)
- Genetic Analysis in Understudied Plants (Dr Laura Shannon)
- The Many Dimensions of Plant Phenotyping (Dr Hilde Nelissen)
- Data Bootcamp for Genomic Prediction in Plant Breeding (Dr Aaron Lorenz)
A more detailed description for the modules is available here (description)
The PlantB+B network will be able to waive the registration fee for attendance to 10 modules (5 participants who take 2 modules or more participants who would be interested in only one of the modules).
Members of a PlantB+B partner institution are eligible to benefit from the waiving of the registration. Please note that we do not cover travel and accommodation, only the registration to the summer institute.
If you or anyone from your team, department, institute want to apply for the registration waving, please get in touch with Annelies.Verdoolaege@UGent.be by 30 April 2023 latest.
All Applicants shall be contacted by mail by 10th of May.